Positive affirmations are short positive statements that are true (or you want to be true). The process of repeating affirmations daily has a powerful effect on the subconscious mind. The best part is – you can start small and make a big difference in your attitude and mindset.
Even if the statement is not true when you begin the process, your mind will begin to find ways to make it happen. That may seem far fetched, but it’s true. Think about the negative statements you repeat to yourself (either aloud or silently) every day. How many of those are true? How many decisions to you make based on those statements that just reinforce the negative?
If negativity is spiraling you downward, then why not give positive affirmations a chance to spiral you upwards towards a happier and healthier life? Below are some affirmations to get you started. Click the areas of your life you want to work on. Choose three to five affirmations that resonate with you. Write them down and say them aloud daily.
Want more affirmations?
- Follow me on Twitter – I tweet several affirmations every day!
- Follow me on Facebook: Positive Affirmations page
- Follow my board on Pinterest: Positive Affirmations
- Get the books
- Join my email list.
Here are some affirmations to get you started:
Friends and Family
- I find the positive in each person I meet.
- I am love, loved, and loving.
- I have many life long friendships.
- I have an awesome family whom I love very much.
- I am a good friend.
Relationships and Romance
- I encourage my partner to achieve his/her dreams.
- I love my marriage.
- I have a fulfilling and loving relationship.
- My partner makes me a better person.
- I choose to focus on the things I am grateful for in our relationship.
Recreation and Creativity
- I am grateful for my creative abilities.
- I know how to laugh and have fun.
- I make time for the things in life that make me smile.
- I celebrate life, having fun, and enjoying myself.
- I am resourceful and inventive.
- I love nutritious food.
- I am happy and healthy.
- I only eat when I am hungry.
- I am so grateful for my healing.
- I choose to exercise everyday.
Work and Career
- I am responsible for the success I achieve.
- I love what I do!
- Changing careers is easy and joyous.
- I accomplish anything I put my mind to.
- I seize opportunities that come my way.
- I am connected to the abundance of the universe.
- I know my value.
- I honor my worth.
- Money is positive energy that takes care of my worldly needs and desires.
- I am grateful for the riches in my life.
Environment and Living Space
- I am creating a home full of joy and peace.
- Each day I simplify my world a little more.
- I notice the beauty of nature around me.
- I fill my day with the scents and sounds that bring my joy.
- I help to make this planet a better place to live.
Spirituality and Personal Growth
- I take full responsibility for my happiness.
- I am worthy of a blessed life.
- Happiness is a choice. I choose happiness.
- I am comfortable with who I am.
- I radiate strength, compassion, and courage.